Cyprus short-stay visa application procedure and documents required
- Applications must be submitted in person. However, for those who reside more than 200 miles (300 kms) from the Consulate, the applications may be submitted by recorded delivery enclosing a registered self-addressed special delivery envelope for the safe return of the passport and the documents.
- One completed application form signed by the applicant (or the legal guardian in the case of minors) with 2 passport sized photographs attached.
- A full national passport valid for at least three months longer than the validity of the visa being applied for. Visitors wishing to obtain a visa are advised to be in possession of a passport valid at least for 6 months beyond the period of intended stay.
- The visa for the return country must be valid for at least three months beyond the period of intended stay.
- Provisional Books or Itinerary of travel arrangements (Round trip ticket with fixed dates) is a must. Ticket should not be purchased before the visa is issued.
- Prior Hotel Reservation faxed by the Hotel Manager.
- If visiting on business, an official letter of invitation from a Cyprus company must be presented.
- If visiting friends or family, a letter of invitation from them with their full address, phone number and occupation in Cyprus (and often, along with a certified Assumption of Responsibility form, duly completed and signed by the host).
- Solid evidence that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the intended stay in Cyprus, e.g. a bank statement or travelers' cheques (credit cards can be accepted only in addition to bank statements and only with recent statement confirming credit limit. Please note that cash is not an acceptable proof).
- A recent (less than one month old) official letter from the employer addressed to the Cyprus Consulate with proof of the applicants wages / salary. If self-employed, a letter from the solicitor, the accountant or the bank manager of the applicant. If a student in the country of the Consulate, an original letter from the school or University addressed to the Cyprus Consulate confirming the status / attendance and the duration of the course.
- The Consulate may also ask for a copy of a Bank Guarantee Letter from the host, throughout a visitor's stay in Cyprus, so as to cover the possible cost of repatriation. Bank Guarantee Letters are issued for the amount of:
- £500 for visitors from Sri Lanka, the Philippines, China, and other Asian countries
- £300 for visitors from the CIS, and other Eastern Europe countries.
- £200 for visitors from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and other Middle East countries.
Fees for short-stay visas and multiple visas
Where visas are being issued:
Visas are issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
- Argentine Republic
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai)
For any further information please contact:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus,
Presidential Palace Avenue,
Tel: +357 22 401124 / 401131
Fax: +357 22 661881 / 665313 / 665778